This position is responsible for the overall turnkey design, installation and checkout, commissioning, and troubleshooting using detailed company guidelines. Performs moderately complex customer support activities for equipment and systems products. Ensures that each project assigned reaches final completion on time and is implemented at or below the estimated cost in the approved sales estimate and is billed in timely fashion through the duration of the project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Engineers design per plan and specifications following TAC standard practices
- Troubleshoot and repair complex customer systems including but not limited to BadgEze, Continuum and DVTel systems
- Maintain as-builds and service procedural documents
- Material procurement
- Create and update system graphics pages
- Validate hardware and project installations
- Install, replace and re-commission devices, equipment and software
- Prepare customer-training manuals and provide customized training to customers as needed
- May diagnose communication problems and install control devises and other components
- May diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- May participate in field audits and related analysis and results and performance assurance of installed systems
- May establish sales estimates or meet performance guarantees
- May assist in modeling, setting of targets, and monitoring EMS
- Create and update system Plain English programs
- Perform preventative maintenance on customer and company furnished equipment and devices
- Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document.
- Work assigned shift as determined by TAC and/or Massport
- Be available for after normal working hours on-call, based on a rotating schedule
- Secure Massport issued keys and badge
- Secure and maintain all SSI documentation relating to the site and adhere to all regulations regarding SSI documents
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- · Four-year degree required or related work experience
- Continuum Certified, or score passing grade on each of the following TAC courses:
- Continuum Configuration for Security
- Continuum Technician
- Continuum Plain English for Security
- Continuum System Administration
· Three years related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Good understanding of Security, access control, CCTV or other building or electronic control systems a plus
- Ability to analyze control system drawings and schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word and Excel
- Strong basic math skills
- TAC product knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites